Olympian Jane Flemming and co-founder of Live Life Get Active launched the exercise program in Frankston on Wednesday 22 February, 9.30am, Victoria Park.
Research has shown that exercise has a positive effect on a person’s physical and mental well-being and for that reason, GenesisCare Radiation Oncology Centre Frankston have partnered with Live Life Get Active to deliver free exercise camps (classes) and tailored nutrition plans for the entire Frankston community. Locals are encouraged to have fun while getting fit in the beautiful surroundings of the park.
“Our vision is to transform lives by treating the patient as a whole, not just the disease. This important partnership with Live Life Get Active will see our patients and their families directly linked to an exercise and nutrition program that will enhance their health outcomes, reduce stress and measure success.” said GenesisCare Managing Director, Mr Dan Collins.
Ms Flemming OAM added, “Exercise is such an important part of a happy, healthy life. There seems to be a terrific community spirit in Frankston so we are very excited to launch our camps in partnership with GenesisCare and Frankston City Council”.
The entire community is invited to attend the free exercise camps.
- Event Launch Date:Wednesday 22 February 2017 (and running for the remainder of the calendar year, not including weekends or school holidays).
- Where:33 Williams Street, Frankston, VIC
- Time:9.30am every week day for 45 mins
- Cost:FREE for all (must be 18+ years)
- Required:Prior to arriving at the camp, all participants must register at http://livelifegetactive.com (select ‘Franskton’), and then book for the week ahead sessions.